Cash app has grown in recent years and has become one of the most used online banking app for both storing, and sharing cash. And the more time passes, the more frequent users increase in this platform.
Well, due to this very high visitation that this app receives, it has also undoubtedly become a money making house for online frauds which come up with several techniques to steal money from Cash App users.
However, Cash App too could not just fix their bed and lie down. They decided to look for security measures to keep their users safe from these fraudsters. They have the PCI Data Security Standard which is considered the most strict security measure to avoid people from stealing stored cash or from intercepting a pending payment.
And this has made the platform to be come one of the most secured online platform for sending and receiving money.
Nevertheless, these security measures have tend to affect even the Cash App users themselves. Their accounts could be blocked because of this security measures that Cash App has put in place.
Well, now some of the questions you people will ask will be; What could cause a Cash App account to be blocked? How do I take to unblock it?
Well, in this article, we will be showing you all of that and by the end of this article, if your Cash app account is blocked, then you should have known what caused the blocking and you should have known how to solve the problem and even had your problem solved to keep on using your account for sending and receiving money.
Table of Contents
How Can I Unblock My Cash App Account if it is Blocked?
Cash App has gained a very large popularity recently and we know that Scammers are always on their way to such platforms to steal cash from other users. But there are different techniques that if you know, then you will know how to bypass these scams and stay safe from these fraudsters. You can follow the link below to learn more.
But Since Cash App too is very secured, while you avoid these fraudsters, they will block the fraudster's account to avoid him to attack other accounts.
Well, that is the main reason why Cash App blocks accounts. You can also check below and see other many reasons why Cash App blocks accounts.
Why Did Cash App Block My Account?
Due to the security measures as we said above, Cash App does not tolerate any form of scams. When they notice fraudulent activities from your account, they will block your account with immediate effect.
Also, you need to avoid frequently logging into your account. And more to that, if you try to log in several times, and all those times you enter the wrong ID or password, then they will block your account.
And so, you have to avoid other people from getting close to your mobile phone or device and try to log into your account without your knowledge.
So, you need to make sure your stay away from fraudulent activities that will make Cash App to suspect your account so that they won't have to block your account.
And now that you know some things that can make Cash App to block your account, let's also see some of the many things you can apply to unblock your account; and let's also see how to unblock your Cash App Account if blocked.
What are the Different Ways to Unlock your Cash App account?
There are many ways to unlock your cash app account and prevent future blocking. And all you have to do is to stick to these different prevention barriers and you won't see your account blocked right now or in the nearest future.
And so, to prevent a Cash App account from being blocked, you should;
- Avoid Frequent log in into multiple devices.
- Avoid entering the wrong password or username numerous times during log in.
- Avoid fraudulent activities in your Cash App account.
- When in Cash App, you should be using a private and secured internet connection(not public Wi-Fi).
- Update your app frequently and use the latest versions of the application
- Clear all cache and cookie files from your device.
- Do not fail any of the User Terms of Service.
- Make sure that you don’t use any fake SNN or any other personal details as it will be substantiated during verification.
How to Unblock my Cash App Account
Here now are the short steps to take to unblock your Cash App account. Follow the steps below. they are;
- First of all Open or Launch your Cash App software on your iPhone or Android
- Then Go to Profiles tab that is just on the Home screen
- You will then see "Support" to contact the Cash app services
- Then Select "Unlock Account" in the menu
- Enter your email ID and complete the form, including the Cash App unlock instructions about your issue.
- Cash App will then review what you've written and then if your account was unlocked, then they will notify your that your account in now open and you will be able to log into your account and log out of your device too.
If on the other hand they don't unlock your account, then your reason was not sufficient enough for them to accept your request. All you have to do is to re-submit another request until they accept.
How Long Does it Take to Unlock a Cash App account
Depending on the case, it might take as long as 1 to 2 days for the review. But after the review is done, you will receive a message informing you that your account was unlocked.
And so, just put in mind that your review will take two days but it can extend to 3 days depending on the account and the problem that caused the account to be blocked.
How To Withdraw Money from a Locked Cash App?
You can not withdraw money from your Cash app if your account is locked. When your account is locked, you can't send or receive money since all your transactions will be paused till your account is unlocked.
How to Recover a Cash App Account?
This is an easy method on how to recover your account
- Launch or Open Cash App on your iPhone or Android device.
- Then you should select the “Profile” tab on the home screen.
- Then tap “Sign Out.”
- Enter your old account informations in the new login area.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and recover your old account on Cash App.
Final Thoughts or a Quick Summary on how to unlock Cash app account
Well, Cash app is a very secured platform as we said above and for your account to be blocked, then your account should have been involved in a suspicious activity or has failed to respect the User terms and conditioning rules.
But even with that, your account can still be unlocked since you can request for an account review by the Cash App team. And after a review, they will unblock your account and you can have access to it once more.
When you can't send or receive money on your account again, then you should just know your account has been blocked and you should request for a review.
Also checkout below some other answers to some frequent questions you'll see on the internet.
Some Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs) on unlocking Cash App
Checkout these answers to these frequently asked questions
How do I Know My Cash App account is Blocked?
When your Cash App is blocked, you will not be able to send or receive money to or from anyone. And so, if you try a withdrawal and it does not work, or if you try a deposit and it does not work, then you should know that your account has been blocked.
Is Cash App Safe?
Cash App is PCI Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) Level 1 compliant. And that makes it the most strict rule in security measures for online platforms. This automatically blocks any suspicious account that goes against the platform's terms of service.
Can I receive money after my Account is blocked?
No! No money transaction is possible after your account has been blocked, whether you are sending (withdrawals too) or receiving (deposits too).
Is there another way to Unlock my Cash App account?
Yes there is. All you have to do is call cash app support through its official contact number. 1 (800) 969-1940. They are available from Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST.
- How To Transfer Money From Cash App To Paypal
- How to Transfer Money from Cash App to Apple Pay
- How to Transfer Money from Netspend to Cash App easily
- How to Send Money From Cash App to Chime Instantly
- Transfer Money from Netspend to Cash App using FlashPay
- Instantly Transfer Money from Cash App to Venmo
- Send Money From Zelle to Cash App
- How to Send Money from Cash App to Bank Account
- How to Transfer Visa Gift Card Balance to Bank Account
- How to Transfer Money from Varo to Cash App
- The Most Popular Money transfer Apps
- How to Transfer Google Play Balance to Bank Account
- Does Zelle Accept Cash App?
- How to Easily Send Money without CVV Code
Never Miss Anything From Us, Follow this Blog to Receive our Latest Updates